Cricket is a game that owes much of its unique appeal to the fact that it is expected to be played not only within its Laws, but also within the Spirit of the Game. Any action, that is seen to abuse this spirit, causes injury to the game itself. The major responsibility for ensuring the spirit of fair play rests with the players, captains, coaches, managers and supporters of all teams involved.
We expects all Players, Captains, Coaches, Managers and Supporters at all levels within our club to uphold the following values:
- Fun is the objective;
- Batsmen walk if caught;
- Fielders are quiet when batsmen are facing;
- Teams are prepared to play on time;
- Fielding teams maintain a fast over rate;
- No send-offs or abuse;
- Accept Umpires and Player/Umpires decisions;
- Complaints are voiced only through the captain and coach in an appropriate and respectful manner;
- Thank Umpires and opponents after the game;
- Report anyone who doesn’t uphold these values immediately and appropriately.